By Giulia Casentini
Non da ultimo, il libro analizza il confine nel suo ruolo di catalizzatore nella produzione di nuovi modelli politici: i konkomba, divisi in due dal confine coloniale, propongono diversi percorsi di elaborazione delle strutture del potere locale, a seconda che siano oggi cittadini del Ghana (ex colonia britannica) o del Togo (ex colonia francese).
Read Online or Download Al di là del fiume: Storia e antropologia di un confine africano (Ghana e Togo) (Italian Edition) PDF
Best african history books
This paintings is a severe exam of Maat, the ethical perfect in old Egypt. It seeks to offer Maat within the language of recent ethical discourse whereas whilst retaining and construction on its uniqueness as an ethical perfect in a position to inspiring and retaining moral philosophic mirrored image.
Utilizing British Colonial place of work papers, the records of colonial governments in Africa, and the writings of African nationalists, Dr Nwauwa examines the lengthy heritage of the call for for the institution of universities in Colonial Africa, to which the specialists ultimately agreed after international warfare II.
This definitive, multi-volume historical past of the world's first recognized kingdom unearths that a lot of what we've got been taught approximately historical Egypt is the manufactured from narrow-minded visions of the pastDrawing on a life of learn, John Romer chronicles the heritage of historical Egypt from the development of the nice Pyramid throughout the upward thrust and fall of the center country: a top of Pharaonic tradition and the interval whilst writing first flourished.
During this e-book, well known anthropologists Jean and John L. Comaroff make a startling yet totally convincing declare approximately our glossy period: it's not by means of our arts, our politics, or our technology that we comprehend ourselves—it is via our crimes. Surveying an outstanding variety of types of crime and policing—from petty thefts to the multibillion-dollar scams of too-big-to-fail monetary associations to the collateral harm of war—they take readers into the sickness of the past due sleek global.
- Histoire de l'Algérie à la période coloniale, 1830-1962 (La Découverte/Poche) (French Edition)
- The Mareth Line 1943: The end in Africa (Campaign)
- Problematizing Blackness: Self Ethnographies by Black Immigrants to the United States (Crosscurrents in African American History)
- Ancient Egyptian Technology and Innovation (BCP Egyptology)
- Beyond Slavery: Explorations of Race, Labor, and Citizenship in Postemancipation Societies
- The Crash of International Finance-Capital and Its Implications for the Third World
Additional info for Al di là del fiume: Storia e antropologia di un confine africano (Ghana e Togo) (Italian Edition)
- Nevica e ho le prove: Cronache dal paese della cicuta by Franco Arminio
- Issues in Positive Political Economy (Routledge Frontiers of by Syed Mansoob Murshed