By Retief Müller
Read or Download African Pilgrimage: Ritual Travel in South Africa's Christianity of Zion PDF
Similar african history books
This paintings is a serious exam of Maat, the ethical perfect in old Egypt. It seeks to give Maat within the language of contemporary ethical discourse whereas even as holding and development on its strong point as an ethical perfect able to inspiring and conserving moral philosophic mirrored image.
Utilizing British Colonial workplace papers, the files of colonial governments in Africa, and the writings of African nationalists, Dr Nwauwa examines the lengthy heritage of the call for for the institution of universities in Colonial Africa, to which the experts ultimately agreed after international warfare II.
This definitive, multi-volume background of the world's first recognized country finds that a lot of what we've been taught approximately historical Egypt is the fabricated from narrow-minded visions of the pastDrawing on a life of examine, John Romer chronicles the heritage of historical Egypt from the development of the good Pyramid throughout the upward thrust and fall of the center nation: a height of Pharaonic tradition and the interval whilst writing first flourished.
During this booklet, well known anthropologists Jean and John L. Comaroff make a startling yet completely convincing declare approximately our smooth period: it's not by means of our arts, our politics, or our technological know-how that we comprehend ourselves—it is via our crimes. Surveying an mind-blowing diversity of varieties of crime and policing—from petty thefts to the multibillion-dollar scams of too-big-to-fail monetary associations to the collateral harm of war—they take readers into the affliction of the past due glossy international.
- French Caribbeans in Africa: Diasporic Connections and Colonial Administration, 1880-1939
- Understanding the City through its Margins: Pluridisciplinary Perspectives from Case Studies in Africa, Asia and the Middle East (Routledge Studies in Modern History)
- Beyond Timbuktu
- African Film and Literature: Adapting Violence to the Screen (Film and Culture Series)
- The Second British Empire: In the Crucible of the Twentieth Century (Critical Issues in World and International History)
- The Atlantic Slave Trade: Effects on Economies, Societies and Peoples in Africa, the Americas, and Europe
Additional resources for African Pilgrimage: Ritual Travel in South Africa's Christianity of Zion
- The Economic History of Latin America since Independence by Victor Bulmer-Thomas
- Deadly Reigns II by Teri Woods