By Sherine Hafez,Susan Slyomovics
This quantity combines ethnographic bills of fieldwork with overviews of modern anthropological literature in regards to the zone on themes similar to Islam, gender, formative years, and new media. It addresses modern debates approximately modernity, country construction, and the hyperlink among the ideology of energy and the construction of data. participants comprise verified and rising students identified for the intensity and caliber in their ethnographic writing and for his or her interventions in present theory.
Read or Download Anthropology of the Middle East and North Africa: Into the New Millennium (Public Cultures of the Middle East and North Africa) PDF
Similar african history books
This paintings is a serious exam of Maat, the ethical perfect in historic Egypt. It seeks to offer Maat within the language of contemporary ethical discourse whereas even as protecting and construction on its area of expertise as an ethical excellent in a position to inspiring and holding moral philosophic mirrored image.
Utilizing British Colonial place of work papers, the files of colonial governments in Africa, and the writings of African nationalists, Dr Nwauwa examines the lengthy heritage of the call for for the institution of universities in Colonial Africa, to which the gurus ultimately agreed after global struggle II.
This definitive, multi-volume background of the world's first recognized nation unearths that a lot of what we have now been taught approximately historical Egypt is the made from narrow-minded visions of the pastDrawing on a life of study, John Romer chronicles the historical past of historic Egypt from the construction of the nice Pyramid throughout the upward thrust and fall of the center country: a top of Pharaonic tradition and the interval while writing first flourished.
During this publication, popular anthropologists Jean and John L. Comaroff make a startling yet completely convincing declare approximately our sleek period: it isn't through our arts, our politics, or our technological know-how that we comprehend ourselves—it is via our crimes. Surveying an surprising diversity of sorts of crime and policing—from petty thefts to the multibillion-dollar scams of too-big-to-fail monetary associations to the collateral harm of war—they take readers into the affliction of the overdue glossy international.
- East Africa (Portuguese Encounters with the World in the Age of the Discoveries)
- La Traversée (FIRST DOCUMENT) (French Edition)
- Die Arbeit von internationalen Nichtregierungsorganisationen mit besonderem Schwerpunkt auf die Menschenrechtsförderung (German Edition)
- Africa Beyond the Post-Colonial: Political and Socio-Cultural Identities (Interdisciplinary Research Series in Ethnic, Gender and Class Relations)
- Ethiopians and Rastafari (1)
- The Algerian War in French-Language Comics: Postcolonial Memory, History, and Subjectivity (After the Empire: The Francophone World and Postcolonial France)
Additional resources for Anthropology of the Middle East and North Africa: Into the New Millennium (Public Cultures of the Middle East and North Africa)
- Catorce retratos en el café (Spanish Edition) by Carlos Perkinson
- More Heat than Light: Economics as Social Physics, Physics by Philip Mirowski